Saturday, July 2, 2011

Memories I don't want to forget...

Not that I expect anyone to read this blog anymore after such a long time of not posting, but at least so I don't forget - here are some funny thing Titus has been doing lately:

-- when eating our turkey bacon one morning, he had eaten parts of his bacon and made it into "shapes" and held one up and said "Alabama!" (and it actually did look like Alabama) - then, he'd turn it over and say "Mississippi." A few days later, he made a "South Carolina" as well. The kid loves his states - he carries them around in groups and plays with them - I've learned that Colorado and Wyoming must always go together, as do Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia.

-- Because we're reciting so much of the time these days, he does it while waiting in his crib after the night or a nap and will randomly just recite things... One morning, I heard this from the other room, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want... I SHALL not want, I shall NOT want, I shall not WANT, I SHALL NOT WANT" - if only we all could remember this in our days :)

-- When learning the books of the Bible he repeatedly had a block when it came to Esther (he usually has one like this in any sequence at the beginning). So after numerous times of going from Nehemiah to Job and me saying, "ah, don't forget Esther," I found myself saying to him one day - "Titus, poor little Esther." The next day, when practicing, it went like this... "...Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, poor little Esther, Job..." A few days later, he added "poor little Job" to which we had to agree, yes, poor little Job!

-- He's making some connections from our Bible reading at night to his books of the Bible and when we got to Jonah in the list, he kept saying, "...Jonah, Micah, Jonah and the fish!"

-- This morning, we had one of my favorite funny moments lately. Graham wanted to finish memorizing the books of the Old Testament as well so that when he quizzes Titus, he'd know if he was doing it correctly. So he was going through this list a few times this morning and it was so funny to me to hear our 23 month old helping him along when he'd forget one (it definitely has to be the first time Titus has helped Graham learn something!). When Graham completed it successfully after a few tries, Titus immediately responded with "Yay, Dada!" and clapped for him.

-- When doing the months of the year, he started adding some syllables in the last several months so they now sound like, "Septem-mem-ber, Octo-bo-ber, Novem-em-ber and Dismember!" So cute. He also decided to add some syllables to Cucumber lately, so that now sounds like "Cucum-mum-mum-ber"

-- He's also gotten quite the personality these days - more adventurous and always trying to make me laugh with funny faces or goofy comments about what I'm doing. Hopefully, Graham will post some pictures soon so we can remember some of these as well.

-- It must be hard-wired into a boy to be obsessed with death. After learning Romans 6:23, he started adding "is death" anywhere he felt like in any of his verses... or repeating it over and over... "For the wages of sin is death!" When Graham was trying to video him one day, he was doing it and just kept repeating that phrase and wouldn't go on to the rest of the verse... and then ran out of the room. Graham yelled after him, "Buddy, what about the good news??"

-- He also likes to finish the sentences in books lately, which is cute. His favorite book seems to be "Guess How Much I love you" and at the part, where the little rabbit says to the big rabbit, "I love you..." He pipes in with "m'is much!" He will often do it when telling Dada or Nonna that he loves them on the phone as well and will end enthusiastically with "THIS MUCH!" and arms stretched out wide.

-- He is quickly becoming obsessed with Thomas the Train (we let him watch this now during our home dates so we can eat alone) and BIG trucks that he identifies throughout our walks... of course, every truck or SUV is definitely a BIG truck so I hear it an awful lot each morning and everywhere we drive.

-- He's gotten very particular about what he is wearing - right down to the diaper and many days will tell me which order he wants his diaper covers... blue diaper, then green diaper, then yellow diaper then white diaper!

If you are reading this, don't get too excited that I'm going to start posting a lot, but who knows now that I have a little entertainer to provide some content... maybe.

3 comments:

Karin said...

Fun stories! You really need to post more often - Titus is getting more entertaining by the day!

Will and Vanessa said...

Tell me- where are you getting all of these ideas to memorize? Like, presidents?

Katie said...

my sister and mom always throw out ideas (of things they think it would be funny to see a 2 year old doing :)) and I just float them with Titus to see if he sounds interested. He is usually most interested with flash cards/puzzles, etc. but we also do a lot of Bible verses and things when we're out running or in the car - helps keep him from getting bored. Stay tuned for a video of state capitals soon - we're up to about 35 of them now.

Contributors