Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Solid Day

So I finally caved in today and gave Titus his first solid food... rice cereal. It was an exciting time and went much better than I anticipated... and by better, I don't mean that he consumed very much... I only spooned out half off what I made, and I would be willing to bet that less than 1% actually made it to his stomach. In fact, I questioned towards the end of this "meal" if I should have just dumped the bowl of food over his face and down his shirt right off the bat so as to have been more efficient in achieving the result :) It was better in the sense that it was actually a lot of fun and not a lot of stress (which is what I had pictured).

So here are a couple of pictures from our first adventure with rice cereal:


And if you want to see more detail of our fiesta, here is a video to chronicle the event a little more (it's less than a minute long - don't worry, I didn't record the whole meal :)



3 comments:

Judy Clark said...

Titus has those HUGE Clark blue eyes! Wow!

Judy Clark said...

Titus really looks like Graham did at the same age in that top picture

Zach and Noelle said...

I was thinking the same thing - that Graham probably looked just like Titus when Graham was that age.

Kate, this will be us in about a year from now. Except we'll be feeding our child all kinds of interesting things from Asia...By that time, Titus will probably still be getting 1% of the food in his stomach. It's just that the rest will be in his hair, on the table and thrown across the room.

Contributors