Sunday, February 7, 2010

Titus the Tiny Tiger

Some of you know that my favorite name for Titus is some variation of his full nickname: "Titus the Tiny but Titanic Titan of Titanium." I may have to change that now to "Titus the Tiny Tigrous Titantic Titan of Titanium" -- Tigrous being an adjective I just made up that means "(1) of or like a tiger; (2) having teeth." So there you have it: the announcement that Titus has teeth! We just discovered this last night while hanging out with our friends Jessica and Todd Smartt. Pretty cool discovery.

I hear in baby circles that this is a pretty big milestone. Titus and I have already agreed (albeit, his consent is tacit) that he won't grow up to be a little boy, so I have a feeling Titus is already defying our agreement. Oh man... all at once, I'm 1) so excited to see him as a little boy, where we can start to converse with him and watch him learn so many things; and 2) so not looking forward to him being bigger than he is right now, where we can just hold him all the time and he doesn't want to be put down. So we cherish these moments, because before we know it, he'll be off and married and talking about the same stuff regarding his children. I know, I know -- getting way ahead of myself. But parents are allowed to be sappy about their own kids. :)

No comments:

Contributors