Friday, April 23, 2010

An Award?

My sister, Amy, tagged me as a "Sugar Doll Award" recipient... which basically means I'm supposed to write 7 things about myself that are true that have nothing to do with husband, kid, etc. so I'm going to do my best and then tag some more people to do it next. The key, I guess, is to write 7 things that are true, not necessarily things I would like to be true... so here we go:

1. I'm obsessed with efficiency. No matter how efficient something might already be by the time it is in my hands, I want to make it even more efficient :) I'm not defending this, but it is true. In fact, I think the word "efficiency" uses too many letters and takes too long to type and thus should be shortened.
2. I actually like being a mom... I never thought I'd say this 5 or 10 years ago, but it has been much more rewarding and worthwhile than I ever imagined it to be.
3. I long to be in Heaven, be with Jesus and have everything right again - no more pain, no more relational strain, no more having to apologize for every other thing I do or don't do :)
4. I'm a penny pincher, not just a dollar pincher, but an actual penny pincher (I'm sitting here now enjoying pinching a penny in my hand). My sister commented recently that I came out of the womb cheap. I was offended at first, but then realized she's probably right. I don't like to be perceived as cheap when everyone is chipping in for something, but I do find fulfillment in discovering new ways to save money and stretch the dollar to accomplish more.
5. I love to budget. I love creating budgets, maintaining budgets, reviewing budgets, changing budgets, anything to do with a budget - even the word "budget". Crazy, I know. I've always been a math nerd and this seems to be the only real life application for math that I've found so I cling to it :) True story: the night I met Graham, he brought up his budget (and we talked about it for a long time) and I was thinking the whole time, "hmmm... I might like to date this guy!").
6. I love discipleship/mentoring. I love to be a mentor and to be mentored. Individually, as a couple, etc. - one on one teaching and learning is an incredible joy that I hope I can do for all of my life.
7. When asked for a list of top ten places I like to spend time, prison actually ranks in there. For whatever reason, I just really enjoy being in a prison and interacting with the wonderful people I find there.

Okay, so here are my tags to do it next:
-- Jessica Smartt
-- Becky Darling
-- Marty Owen
-- Lauren Horton
-- Zoe Sandvig
-- Faith Brobst
I look forward to reading them!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Very good list, Kate! I like how thought-full you are. And so intentional with what you do with your life!

Jessica said...

Kate, This is actually VERY interesting! I thought I knew you well but I feel like I know you better after reading this! So way to go! Guess maybe I'll try it!!
:)

Contributors